- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (first cold pressed)
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2″ ginger root, minced
- 1″ turmeric root, minced
- 8 small to medium Zucchini, with skin, chopped
- 2 large red skin potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock (low sodium or no sodium)
- 1 cup whole milk (optional)
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp dill weed
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
In a large soup pot, saute onion, garlic, ginger and turmeric until almost browned. Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Blend with hand blender until creamy. Serve with sliced almonds as garnish.
Unused portion may be frozen in serving-sized bowls.
2 thoughts on “Zippy Zucchini Soup”
Thanks, Wendy! This is perfect, can’t wait to try it!
I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did!