I often double, triple, or even quadruple the recipe.
- 2 lbs very ripe tomatoes, quartered and diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red pepper, cored and diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced and diced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1″ ginger root, minced
- 1″ turmeric root, minced
- Leaves from 2 thyme sprigs
- 16 leaves of basil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
Combine all ingredients in large soup pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for approximtely 30-40 minutes. Blend with hand blender until creamy. Enjoy.
Unused portion may be frozen in serving-sized containers.